Can You Hack It 2018
Awesome cash prizes up for grabs for the top 3 teams; RM8,000, RM5,000 and RM1,000. Beyond that, we will be on the lookout for top talents that impress us with innovative new ideas to join Hong Leong Bank and Hong Leong Islamic Bank for exciting career and business opportunities through our various startup and hiring programmes.
So if you think you can hack it, bring your A-game and apply now at https://www.hlb.com.my/canyouhackit
This hackathon is brought to you by Hong Leong Bank and Hong Leong Islamic Bank in partnership with JomHack Malaysia.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I sign up? - You need to fill up our application form, and only selected teams or individuals will be invited to participate in this event.
- Do I need a team? - Great if you do, but you can also join as an individual and form a team with other participants at the event. Each team must have 3 members; with at least 1 coder, to build a working prototype.
- I’m not a coder. Can I join? - You can, but please make sure you have at least 1 coder in your team so that you can build and submit a working prototype.
- What do we need to hack? - You’re required to build an exciting solution in the consumer banking space. You’re encouraged to build something new & innovative to make the banking experience smarter.
- Where can I learn more about this? - We will brief all registered participants during the Pre-Hack briefing before Kick-off on 5th Oct 2018.
- How long is the Hackathon? - The event begins on Friday, 5th Oct at 7.00pm with briefing. The main event kicks off at 9.00am on Saturday, 6th Oct and runs for 24 hours until Sunday. Prize giving ceremony and official closing by 4pm on 7th Oct.
- What is the judging criteria? - We want to see highly creative solutions which will benefit Hong Leong Bank, Hong Leong Islamic Bank and its customers. We want to see innovation, originality, good design and also evaluate the technical ability of the team members.
- Do I need to be in KL? - Yes, you need to be at the venue on 6th & 7th Oct. The Pre-Hack briefing on 5th evening is optional.
- Will you provide food? - Yes, there will be more than enough food and drinks. Don’t worry.
- Will I have have a place to sleep? - Typically teams will be working overnight at the venue to finish up their projects, but we will provide a comfortable space for you to take naps (if necessary). Please bring your own sleeping bags.
- How do we present our work? - All teams will be required to demo a working prototype to judges. We do not accept mockups on presentation decks.
- Is this event open to non-Malaysians? - Yes, as long as you have a valid PR or work/student permit.
- I need more info, who do I talk to? - You can contact us at https://www.facebook.com/jomhackmy/ or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.